1) Eating Restrictions: Do not eat or drink anything after midnight the night prior to your surgery. This includes solid foods, gum, candy, liquids and dairy products of any kind.
Why can't I have anything to eat or drink after midnight the night before my procedure?
Because anything in your stomach may cause serious, even life threatening complications when having anesthesia. If you have anything to eat or drink, your procedure may be re-scheduled.
- Medications - Please follow instructions given to you by your Pre-Operative Nurse.
- Children less than two years old can have sugar water up to three hours before surgery.
2) Personal Hygiene and Appearance for Day of Surgery:
- Take a bath or shower either the night before or morning of your surgery.
- Brush your teeth, being careful to not swallow any liquid.
- Wear loose-fitting clothing that will be easy to remove and will fit over bandages and splints. Please do not wear jeans or denim of any kind.
- Do not apply make-up or hair products of any kind. Lotions and deodorants should not be applied to any area near the surgery site.
- Jewelry - All watches, rings, necklaces, earrings and body piercings of any kind must be removed prior to surgery. Please leave them at home.
- Remove contact lenses prior to surgery. Bring eyeglasses if needed to read and sign your forms.
3) Please call us the day before your surgery to discuss:
- Time of surgery and medical history. Please call (801)262-0358 between 11:00am and 3:00pm on the business day before your surgery to receive your pre-operative instructions and to review your medical history with our staff. You will be asked to arrive an hour prior to surgery to complete and sign consent forms.
- Medical Condition- If you have any serious medical problems or have recently developed a cold, fever, soar throat or any other condition that you believe might affect your readiness for surgery, please tell us during your telephone interview.
Items to bring with you
- Your Photo ID (a driver's license, state ID or passport)
- Insurance card(s), if applicable
- Cash or a credit card for your deductibles, co-pays/co-insurance or self pay procedure
- Bring the completed Pre-Registration Demographics form on day of surgery.
- Cases for eyeglasses, contact lenses and solution, dentures or hearing aids as you may be asked to remove these items when you dress for the procedure
- If you are on oxygen or use a CPAP/BIPAP at home (and are having general anesthesia), please bring it with you
- Copays and Deductibles if needed. You will be required to make a payment on the day of your surgery if your insurance does not cover your surgery in full.
4) Please limit only one adult visitor per patient and one or both parents for children under 18.
5) Please DO NOT bring small children if possible.
Special Needs (disability, language)
Please call us and let us know what your needs are.